Be swept away by the sheer romance of this African safari at a private game reserve bordering the Kruger National Park. Spot free-roaming wildlife on guided game drives and from the privacy of your own deck. Enjoy romantic candle-lit dinners and sleep out on a star-bed under the starry African skies. From 138,500
The Romance under the Stars Experience
Steeped in history, your romantic safari camp is the oldest in the Timbavati on the western edge of the Kruger National Park. This beautiful camp is shaded by majestic trees and set on the banks of the Nlharalumi riverbed. Guest areas overlook an active watering hole that attracts wildlife from dawn till dusk. Watch elephant and buffalo as you languish by the pool with a refreshing drink.
Out in the bush there is a hide alongside the Machaton Dam where you can get closer to the wilderness with a private picnic or romantic 'sleep out'. Sleep under the African night sky in one of the private open deck star-beds perched high above in a leadwood tree. On this romantic Kruger safari, you are guaranteed a personalised wildlife adventure. Highly skilled ranger and tracker teams will guide you in the early mornings and evenings in open Land Rovers or on foot, in search of the Big Five and many other African animals.
Romantic Safari Highlights
- Stay at an unfenced camp that merges luxury with nature
- Slumber in a luxury safari tent that offers complete comfort and privacy
- Seek the Big 5 on guided game drives in open Land Rovers
- Maximum of 6 guests per safari vehicle
- Spot a variety of wildlife including elephant, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhino, giraffe and wild dogs
- Relax poolside watching passing by wildlife
- Experience lantern-lit open-air dinners served at various locations
- Romantic sleep-out under the African stars in a raised star-bed (Mar-Oct)
Day 1: Fly to Kruger
Your romantic African safari has begun! You depart Johannesburg on a flight to Hoedspruit where you will be met and transferred by road to your romantic safari camp in a private game reserve sharing an unfenced border with the Kruger National Park. On this romantic African safari, you will enjoy intimate moments in the heart of the African bush.
Savour the elegance and luxury of your stunning tented suite as you discover candlelit bubble baths in the Victorian tub or the views of the riverbed from your outdoor shower. You can also indulge in a massage at the therapy hide which overlooks the waterhole.
Day 2: Seek out the Big 5
Cherish your first morning together in the wilderness and rise at your leisure or get up early for a morning game drive. There is an incredibly vast area of undisturbed bushveld available to explore.
The Timbavati is renowned for its numerous lion prides as well as the famous white lions of the Timbavati. Sumptuous bush brunches are served daily at a special site. Afterwards, you could set off on a guided walking safari. These walks are unforgettable, exciting and informative.
Later return to the lodge for a swim or a siesta before afternoon tea and the evening game drive. After sundowners at a scenic spot on the sunset drive, your ranger will drive on and with the aid of a spotlight, look for nocturnal wildlife in the Timbavati. Dinner is a romantic affair in a delightful setting.
Day 3: Sleep under the Stars
Sleep under the African night sky in one of the private open deck star-beds perched high above in a leadwood tree. The outdoor room offers amazing views of the African bush landscape. After a private picnic dinner amongst the treetops with only hyenas calling as background music, you and your partner can curl up under a feather duvet and truly sleep under African skies.
With just a mosquito net between you and the night sky, this amazing experience is both romantic and adventurous. This sleep-out is only available from March to October and is weather dependent.
Day 4: End of your African Safari
Get up early for one final morning game drive and bush breakfast. Filled with a lifetime of memories and camera full of pictures the time has come to pack your bags. A road transfer and short flight take you back to Johannesburg.
This 4-day romantic African safari can be customized to suit your needs. It's easily extended with a safari to Botswana and Victoria Falls or other South African highlights like Cape Town and the Garden Route. Let us help you plan your ultimate romantic African safari vacation.
- Return flights from Johannesburg to Hoedspruit
- Return private road transfers from Hoedspruit to your romantic safari camp in Timbavati
- 3 nights' accommodation in a luxury safari tent with en-suite bathroom and private game viewing deck
- On one of the nights sleep out on a raised star-bed with a private picnic dinner (March to October and is weather dependend)
- All meals and snacks
- Selected local drinks including teas, coffees, bottled water, soft drinks, spirits, beers and house wines
- Morning game drive in open safari vehicle with professional guide and tracker
- Afternoon game drives the will finish at night giving you the opportunity to spot nocturnal wildlife
- Guided nature walks with expert guide
- Conservation and entrance fees
- Optional activities not listed above
- Premium branded drinks and all extras to be settled directly