Kings Camp is situated in the Timbavati Game Reserve in South Africa lying on the western boundary of the Kruger National Park.
Kings Camp traverses on 17 000 hectares in the Timbavati Game Reserve, South Africa, wildlife is prolific with 250 species of birds and 24 larger mammal species recorded. Big game viewing is exceptional with frequent sightings of Lion, Leopard, Buffalo, Elephant, Cheetah and the rare Wild Dog.
How to get to the lodge from Gauteng
- Take the N4 to Witbank.
- Take the Belfast offramp (R33/R540).
- Once in Belfast town, turn right into Voortrekker Street and continue straight to Dullstroom on the R540.
- Drive straight through Dullstroom town and keep straight to Lydenburg.
- Once in Lydenburg turn left into Potgieter Street and continue straight to Ohrighstad on the R36.
- Drive straight past Ohrigstad and continue on R36 until it turn left to Tzaneen. DO NOT turn, but continue straight on R527 to Hoedspruit.
- In Hoedspruit, continue straight over the bridge crossing the train line to a four way stop. At the stop turn right and continue towards Bosbokrand / Bushbuckridge along the R40.
- 6/7 km from Hoedspruit, note the Kings Camp sign and Eastgate Airport sign on your left hand side. At the sign, turn left to Kings Camp.
- Drive for 18/19 km of tar, and then a further 9 km of gravel until you reach the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
- At the entrance gate, you will be required to pay an entrance fee of R100-00 per person and R85-00 per car. (Above fees subject to change).
- Continue straight for 8km until you see a Kings Camp sign on your left hand side.
- Turn right at the sign, and follow the signboards to the camp for an additional 2 km.
From Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport
- At the T-Junction leaving the airport, turn right.
- At the first stop street, turn left onto the Plaston Road, and drive straight.
- At the T-Junction, turn right to White River.
- Once in White River, turn left at the second traffic light (at NTT Toyota), then right at the first traffic light.
- Turn left onto the R40, and drive straight towards Hazyview.
- Drive straight through Hazyview town on the R40 and continue on to Bushbuckridge and Accornhoek.
- Follow the directions above from Hazyview. (From Sabi Sand Game Reserve).
Fly SA Express to Eastgate Airport from Johannesburg. The camp will arrange transfers from the airport to the camp.